If you’re a dedicated member of our Herd, you’ll know that we are inspired by beaches in every product we create. We have a master list of of the top 10 beautiful beaches of the world that we are inspired by, and we figured it’s about time we shared the final list with you, given you helped select the vast range of locations, all of which will be present on our Limited Edition range.
1. Pig Island - this one’s obvious, really. It’s kind of our entire brand. We’ve wrote at length about the Tale of Pig Island all over this website and all over our social media platforms. It would be criminal not to include it.
2. Tynemouth - if you pay a great deal of attention to us, you’ll have been expecting this one as well. It’s the closest beautiful beach to our actual headquarters in Newcastle, and therefore the easiest to get to when we need a bit of inspiration (if only we could nip off to Pig Island whenever we wanted). The climate here is notoriously unpredictable, but when caught at the right time, it can be truly beautiful.
3. Flamingo Beach - Flamingo Beach is a simply idyllic location in Aruba, just off the northern coast of the South American continent. This is an answer to our favourite Pig Island, only inhabiting the coastline is a pack of - you guessed it - flamingoes. They have a similar appeal in this regard - they make for some lovely pictures and a chance to see wildlife in an actually wild setting.
4. Ibiza - it may be better known as one of the party capitals of the world, but the beaches of Ibiza are not to be overlooked. Though it’s known as a destination for people to go and get out of their minds, there is another reason for its popularity - it’s climate and gorgeous beaches.
5. Mauritius - the home of the iconic dodo birds, it’s another common holiday destination just off the coat of the much larger Madagascar. And you can see why - every picture of the beaches is a postcard. If only every beach looked like the beaches of Mauritius, and wasn’t clogged up with plastic that has rolled in on the waves.
6. Cornwall - another beautiful coastline that’s a bit closer to home, and favoured by the British for when they want a holiday but don’t quite fancy going abroad. The southernmost UK county has plenty of exquisite beaches, which is a good job since it’s unfortunately as close as we can get to the equator.
7. Santa Monica - a gorgeous stretch of coastline in the US of A, this makes it clear to see why the far west was a dream destination for early Americans: a paradise that was just within their reach.
8. Waipu - you’d be forgiven for never having heard of Waipu. It’s in New Zealand, and it’s a lovely little find among a country renowned for its gorgeous natural views. There’s all kinds of camping and recreational activities in the area though it refrains from seeming over-commercialised, and the small cove is something straight from fiction.
9. Antigua - A small island in the West Indies, the gorgeous climate of Antigua makes it extremely desirable perched right in amongst the Gulf of Mexico. Just because it’s in the Caribbean doesn’t mean you’ll be running into Captain Jack Sparrow any time soon, but there is plenty to do to keep you busy - although if you’d rather do nothing at all, laying on the beach will be just as great.
10. Costa Rica - Last but by no means least, Costa Rica has some rather beautiful beaches. It’s a reasonably small country, but due to its location in central America it has beaches on the Pacific Ocean to the West and the Atlantic Ocean on the East.
So there you have it - 10 of the most beautiful beaches according to you. Take this list as your very own bucket list of places to go and things to see all courtesy of the SeaPigs community. We’re sure you’ll enjoy taking them in as much as we do and you’ll be as inspired by them as we are. These are the ten beaches that will take our focus for the Limited Edition Drifters - so if you’re heading to any of these destinations in the coming months be sure to snap up a corresponding pair!!!
Thoinks for reading!
Over and snout,
Love Our Tiny Blue Dot